Thompson Rivers University, Kamloops, BC
Located in the heart of Kamloops and overlooking the North and South Thompson Rivers, the TRU campus features a beautiful blend of of green space, a botanical garden, and an impressive mix of historic and modern facilities. The Invasive Species Research Conference was held in the Campus Activity Centre at TRU.
Delegate rates were kindly provided by the Residence at TRU and the Best Western PLUS Kamloops:
TRU Residence & Conference Centre
The following suites and rates are available at the Residence at TRU:
Double: $104.95 per night + taxes
- Two separate double bedrooms
- Kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator – utensils and cookware not provided
- Private three piece private washroom with air-conditioning with individual climate controls
- Sleeps of maximum of 4 occupants – 470 square ft.
Quad: $159.95 per night + taxes
- Four separate double bedrooms
- Kitchenette with microwave, 2 refrigerators, and single chest freezer - utensils and cookware not provided
- 2 private three piece private washrooms with air-conditioning with individual climate controls
- Sleeps of maximum of 8 occupants – 940 square ft.
Guests at the Residence benefit from complimentary parking, satellite television, WIFI, use of the patio & barbeque, fitness suite and multimedia room.
For further information contact the Thompson Rivers University Residence and Conference Centre at:
Best Western Plus Kamloops
The Best Western PLUS Kamloops is located approximately 10 - 15 minutes walking distance from TRU.
The Best Western PLUS offered delegate rates* of $140 + tax for single occupancy and $155 + tax for double occupancy of standard king and queen rooms. This rate included a hot buffet breakfast in the morning and WIFI. The Best Western Kamloops features a salt water pool and hot tub for the enjoyment of their guests. *Room rates were not guaranteed after May 19th, 2017.
For more information, contact the Best Western PLUS Kamloops as follows:
- Online: click here
- Local call: (250) 374-7878
All conference activities on June 20th and 21st took place in the Campus Activity Centre at TRU. Please download the directional map to the Campus Acticity Centre below:
Kamloops, BC, has a vast, rugged landscape which offers visitors the chance to let loose and just play, taking part in many energizing recreational opportunities. The city is located in the dramatic setting of mountains, river valleys, deserts and grasslands. In addition to being the location of the Invasive Species Research Conference, Kamloops provides visitors the opportunity to search for fossils, enjoy 100+ lakes, experience the grasslands and explore sage-covered hills under wide open skies, all in a single day.
For any inquiries regarding the Invasive Species Research Conference please contact Ally or phone (250) 432-9690.